Sunday, May 8, 2011

Eat Your Egg Yolks Too!


I've always loved the egg yolk... after all, it's the best tasting part of the egg right? In fact, I cherished my egg yolks so much I'd often save them for last.... I'd hate to finish them up too soon and have only the egg white to eat!

Although I never gave much thought to it, the egg yolk has always been villianised by health freaks as "high in cholesterol" or will make you fat lah....but I bet they didn't tell you that the egg yolk is by far the most nutritious part of the egg! Being the food source for developing chicks, it's naturally rich in essential vitamins and minerals that are important for our good health as well. Yes, it is high in cholesterol, but like most cholesterol rich foods, they are jam-packed in nutrition as well, especially fat soluble vitamins (like Vit. A, E, D & K) and essential fatty acids. Egg whites, on the other hand, contain far fewer nutrients. The only thing that could justify their consumption is their attachment to their companion yolk.

For more information on the incredible, edible egg yolk, please click HERE.

So go ahead, eat those yummy little yellow devils*.... after all they're good for you!

*in moderation as always!

Precious Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment