Waistband digging in?
Banish excess gas with these
FOR IMMEDIATE RELIEF:
- Brew Bay Leaf ~ Add one bay leaf to a cup of hot water, let it steep for 2 or 3 minutes and then drink the liquid while it's still warm.
- Drink Baking Soda with Water~ This tastes weird, but it works - fast. Stir one teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water and drink the mixture.
FOR LESS GAS, LONG-TERM RELIEF:
- Eat Yogurt ~ People who get calcium for yogurt rather than from other sources lose more weight around their tummy, reports a recent study in the International Journal of Obesity. Probiotic bacteria in yogurt helps keep the digestive system healthy, resulting in less gas and constipation.
- Eat Dark Green and Leafy Vegetables ~ Vegetables such as broccoli and spinach contain magnesium which helps to restore gut muscle function, preventing trapped wind.
- Sip Hot Tea ~ Drinking any kind of tea helps relieve stomach bloating, but ginger tea and fennel tea are especially effective. Ginger is used in traditional Chinese and Malay treatments to get rid of wind (especially post-pregnancy), while fennel contains a compound known as anethole, which also helps relieve gastrointestinal spasms.